Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snow day!

It is Snowpocalypse here in Chicagoland. And that is a perfect description of what is going on outside my window. I got up with the best intention of shoveling sidewalks and walkways surrounding our house but I gave up after clearing the porch, steps and front walkway. And of course, the dog area had to be cleared. The snow is belly deep and deeper which even my powerful pups can't plow through. I shoveled three times yesterday just to keep up. Unfortunately the street cleaning crew just pushes all the street snow over the devil strip and onto the sidewalk. I figured it was useless to shovel our sidewalk when the rest of the block was knee-deep. Besides, I am sore sore sore!

My office in Ohio is also having a snow day. They were closed yesterday also. This means I get a sewing day! Or a movie day. Or a reading day. It's a tough call. Especially since Netflix delivered "Let Me In" yesterday and I've been excited about seeing it. And I am reading The Books of Rachel by Joel Gross which is a very interesting read. A pot of hot tea and my Kindle is heaven!

And then there is the white on white quilt I am determined to finish this year.

White on White

I just love my workroom. The spools of thread on the wall are like jewels with all those colors. I limit my knickknacks because I hate to clean. There is a place for everything and everything in its place. The room is just to small otherwise!

It appears like sewing this morning will win out in the end. I have my Twilight Zone box set to listen to as I work and there are actually a few that I have never seen so reading and a movie will have to wait until later in the day. It started snowing and blowing again outside so shoveling would be a wasted effort right now. I just hope the boy doesn't go batty listening to me work. He couldn't even make it out of our garage and alley and is now working from home. My daytime turf has been invaded!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

awesome workspace! Did you buy your thread rack or make it yourself?? I need something like that so badly! Especially because the connecting threads don't have a code on them like Guetermann does. I've been awkwardly writing the colour code inside the spool in case I need to buy a particular colour!
Look forward to seeing the full quilt. I feel a whole cloth off-white quilt coming up in my near future - the quilting on my disaster quilt (feather circles) just looks so awesome! I'm hooked...
Cheers,
Christine