Thursday, December 30, 2010

Books I've read in 2010 *woohoo*

Because I can't quite sit down long enough to post anything of substance I am listing the books (and short'ish stories) I've read in 2010. I love reading. I would give up every modern convenience as long as I could keep my books. I bought a Kindle back in 2009 and fell in love with the gadget and I am not really into gadgets. I take my Kindle everywhere I go even though I may not have time to read. Out of 913 books on my toy, I've read 69 of them this year.


January
1. Under the Dome by Stephen King
2. Hunting Love by Dana Marie Bell
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
4. The Shunning by Beverly Lewis
5. The Red Tree by Caitlin Kiernan
6. Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder
7. Soul Intent by Dennis Batchelder
8. Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B J Daniels
9. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
10. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham


February
11. Already Dead by Charlie Huston
12. In the Warrior's Bed by Mary Wine
13. Neuromancer by William Gibson


March
14. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
15. Going Gray: What I Learned about Beauty, Sex, Work, Motherhood, Authenticity, and Everything Else That Really Matters by Anne Kreamer
16. Anthem by Ayn Rand
17. The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft
18. When Night Falls by Margaret Daley
19. Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel by Rhiannon Frater
20. Cuts by Richard Laymon
21. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
22. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
23. The Penelopiad: The Myth of Penelope and Odysseus by Margaret Atwood
24. A Gift of Grace: A Novel by Amy Clipston


April
25. As The World Dies: The First Days: A Zombie Trilogy by Rhiannon Frater
26. As The World Dies: Fighting to Survive: A Zombie Trilogy by Rhiannon Frater
27. As The World Dies: Siege: A Zombie Trilogy by Rhiannon Frater
28. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


May
29. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
30. Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut
31. Watchers by Dean Koonz
32. The Family Bones by Kimberly Raiser
33. The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning


June
34. The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
35. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
36. Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
37. The Walk by Lee Goldberg
38. Sisters of Glass by D. W. St John
39. After Life by Jaron Lee Knuth
40. Dune by Frank Herbert


July
While I don't know how many so I can keep track, I've read probably dozens of short smutty stories that were available for free for the Kindle.
41. Soul Catcher by Leigh Bridger
42. Lakota Flower by Janelle Taylor


August
43. The Outsider: A Novel by Ann H. Gabhart
44. Feed by Mira Grant
45. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
46. Armageddon Summer by Jane Yolen and Bruce Coville (the only dead tree book on the list, all others were ebooks)


September
47. Mozart's Blood by Louise Marley
48. The Book by M. Clifford
49. Marked (Eternal Guardians) by Elisabeth Naughton
50. The Companions by Sheri S. Tepper


October
51. 33 A.D. by David L. McAfee
52. Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle


November
53. The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
54. The Valley of Horses by Jean Auel
55. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean Auel
56. The Plains of Passage by Jean Auel
57. The Shelters of Stone by Jean Auel


December
58. Memoirs of a Serial Killer by Tricia Benet
59. Midnight Girl by Will Shetterly
60. Tokyo Zero by Marc Horne
61. 3 by Moxie Meszal
62. The Death Trip by Marion Stein
63. DEAD(ish) by Naomi Kramer
64. The Son of Man: Two Elders of Zion by Charles Johnson
65. Containment by Christian Cantrell
66. The Ritual Bath by Faye Kellerman
67. Emmanuel (The Fulfilled Prophecies) by Raul Garcia Lamoutte
68. The Frank Diary of Anne by Daniel Dillard
69. Tooth and Nail by Craig DiLouie

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Wow, a fellow reading fanatic. How do you keep track of the books and months? Does the kindle tell you? I have no idea how many books I've read this past year, though I wouldn't be surprised to be in the 40s at least - I started and finished a 250 pager yesterday ;) I'm still in the paper-reading phase myself, not e-readers here :)

What did you think of the Kurt Vonnegut book? I read one by him about the Dresden Bombing in WWII and liked his style.

I also notice a lot of religious reading on your list, are they critical books or spiritual? I read one recently that I randomly grabbed off the book shelf at the library, called The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan, I found it interesting. I like learning about religion and history through fiction, hoping that the authors did their research and that I can figure out what's fiction and what's truth!

Have you ever read anything by Terry Pratchett? I love love LOVE his discworld series, but I've recently read a book he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman, called Good Omens, and I recommend that one as a starter book - if you like it, then any Discworld novel by Pratchett will be a hit ;)

I have a private blog for family/friends where I've added a list to the side bar, listing recently read books and a rating system (5 stars) - it helps me keep track of my books (though I slacked off this year, hence not sure how many I read) and my friends can see what I liked so if they share my taste, it gives them an idea... any way I can entice you to rate your readings? I discover a lot of new books from reviews/ratings on blogs these days... No pressure, of course ;)

Happy New Year!
Christine

SewSofie said...

Darn woman you read alot!! I wish i had the time.
Glad to see you back in the blogosphere

SewSofie said...

Darn woman you read alot!! I wish i had the time.
Glad to see you back in the blogosphere

the Provident Woman said...

That's a lot of books! I'm lucky to get one, two at most in a month. I did read two of yours Mocking Jay and Catching Fire. They were great!