Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a short update...

Tomorrow is the big day! In 24 hours and 30 minutes the starting gun will go off!

Yesterday my folks and I headed down to McCormick Center to go to the expo so I could pick up my race packet. And OMG... BEST GOODY BAG EVER!!! And VW was there with the old Beetle from the commercials and they were screenprinting free tees and they had goody bags also. And if you showed your VW key you got another free tee that the workers were wearing. I'll have to post a photo of the swag inside but it was so worth giving away my info to them. I have a 2000 New Beetle and I just love my car. There are some design flaws but the car is so freaking fun to drive that I mostly forget about the flaws.

We had to drive past Grant Park to get to the expo and I admit, seeing all those tents and Port-O-Lets made me queasy. I was starting to feel okay about things until I saw the start/finish area. Now I have nerves.

I want to blog more about the expo and my race thoughts but I don't think I can really get those down right now. I'm trying not to freak myself out. I am excited and VERY nervous. Incredibly nervous.

No comments: