Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two weeks later...

Wow! Okay... we were out of town over 4th of July weekend since there was no Team in Training run scheduled for the 5th. So the boy and I took advantage of that fact and drove out to Ohio to see the family and to go zip lining with my folks. For anyone in the area, check out the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours! And make reservations with Chris and Neil because they were teh best tour guides ever! I have a fear of heights but since my step-dad was able to zip line I decided I would give it a shot. It took about three lines before I was somewhat comfortable. I still screamed like a banshee every time but it did get enjoyable after a while.

Last Saturday's run was canceled due to thunderstorms so I had to make up my run yesterday. 10 miles! The lakefront path was more crowded than I had thought it would be. I figured it being a weekday morning that no one would be out. But there were more people than I'd expected. My ankle hurts again because I forgot to wrap it before I left and I had another headache (although not as bad as the first couple runs) and the usual "urge". It felt strange to be running alone out there. I'd gotten used to running with the team on Saturday's.

This Saturday is 12 miles and then Sunday I've volunteered to work at a triathlon with Team in Training. I've yet to hear back from the woman I emailed. I hope I hear back from her because I'd love to volunteer and I've never witnessed a triathlon before. I've also volunteered for one in August. I want to keep with TNT in some manner because they do good things. And even helping at these events will keep me motivated.

25 days until my half marathon!!! It's really creeping up on me! I don't feel like I've been training long enough for the half to almost be here. *laugh* And almost three months until the full marathon. That one scares me. I don't want to have another Disney experience. I know my legs can carry me to the finish, I just hope my intestines give me a break!

As always, there is still time to donate to The Leukemia & Lymphoma's Team in Training!! Please consider sponsoring me as I run the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon and the Bank of America Chicago marathon with Team in Training!

And ginormous thanks to Gina, Kimberlie and Julie for their donations! Thanks so much for your kind words and your support! *big hugs*

No comments: