Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy weekend...

My folks came out over the weekend and they brought my niece with them. There was so much going on! And too much food was consumed as is usually the case when we have visitors. The great thing about living in the Chicagoland area is all the restaurants. Saturday's run was only 90 minutes as those training for the CDC are in a taper before the half marathon. That's not enough running to counteract all those meals!

And there are only 11 more days until the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon! We received our race shirts but I need to exchange mine. I ordered a size too large in the singlet so I am just going to exchange it for a regular t-shirt style race shirt. I am hoping my ankles heal by the day of the race because I still have a gravel and grit rash where my heels rub against my shoes. The top of my right foot is no longer bruised but my ankles are still scabby. *ick* So not attractive!

This afternoon I've been working on another quilt for the Team in Training's 20th Anniversary dinner's silent auction. I'm actually working with a traditional block pattern of half block strings in purple and green (Team in Training colors). I was unsure when I started sewing a couple blocks together but I am liking the look of them so far, for being traditional block patterns which I typically steer clear of. The fabric consists of mostly batiked/tie-dye with a solid purple, solid green and solid black. I need to get it finished by August 4th so I can photograph it and write up a description to send to TNT. This means I will be sewing all weekend. Saturday's run is only 60 minutes so I should be home by 9am easily.

As always, there is still time to donate to The Leukemia & Lymphoma's Team in Training!! Please consider sponsoring me as I run the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon and the Bank of America Chicago marathon with Team in Training!

Donate $25 and get your name entered into the quilt raffles! The first drawing is this Sunday!

No comments: