Thursday, May 29, 2008

Where has the time gone??

The past two weeks have been horrible. The boy went on a two-week Megajam and I decided that would be a good time to get George neutered. Unfortunately there were complications so I spent most of that two weeks trying to keep the pup quiet and calm while giving him multiple hot compresses each day. Trying to keep a boxer pup quiet is near impossible. Pair him up with another boxer and you can only imagine the Hell I was in. Boxers are not made to be calm and quiet dogs. They're puppies even when they're full grown. George is fine now but I'm not sure I will ever be the same. *laugh*

I have a 10k this Sunday. This means I shall be running 12 miles over the weekend. Go me! Saturday is a 6 mile TNT run along the lakefront and Sunday is a 6 mile run through the zoo. I am so excited about the zoo! I hope they have elephants again.

I still haven't finished the quilt I was making for my TNT fundraising. The dog issues set that back. I am hoping to get that finished soon. And I am planning a yard sale so I win both ways... I get to clear out my house and make money for TNT. I have 5 boxes of books I was planning on donating to the local library for their book sales but I think I'll sell them in my yard sale and bump up my fundraising. I also need to mail in checks tomorrow.

Thanks so much to my dad Tony and Jane, Gene and Cathy, Meef and Bruce and Larry and Karen for supporting me by donating to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

No comments: