Monday, March 03, 2008

Run, run, run...

I switched my work schedule around so I could fit in a gym visit before work since going after work was interfering with my schoolwork. I'm a morning person anyway so this really works best. And I feel so energized!

I did no running today. I speedwalked 1.5 miles, lifted free weights, did leg weight machines, did 20 flights of stairs on the stair climber and walked for 15 minutes on the treadmill with a 5.0 incline at 2.7 mph. Illinois is pretty flat so I really need to build up my incline endurance so I can hike in the mountains!

So far I am signed up for the St. Paddys Day 5k Run-Walk in March and the Race to Wrigley 5k in April, a half marathon in August and a full marathon in October. I may add in a few more 5k/8k/10k's between now and August. The more fun runs I do, the better I'll do for the Chicago marathon. I can't fail to finish again! The Disney marathon failure hit me badly even though I got pulled out due to the "dreaded trots" and not because I gave up. At least I didn't give up.

No comments: